What to expect at your first visit with our team.
At Dental Smiles of Stockbridge, we believe in having a full picture of your overall oral health before moving forward with any treatment so that we can provide you with the highest standard of care.
To become an established patient at Dental Smiles of Stockbridge we will see you for a full comprehensive exam. A comprehensive exam entails a thorough review of your medical & dental history, periodontal (gum health) evaluation, oral evaluation, and an assessment of each tooth.
- When you arrive for your appointment, you will first be greeted by our friendly front office team. They will gather all the important information to establish your patient chart, including your insurance information and patient registration. Please note: We recommend that you provide this information online at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. Once this information is confirmed, one of our skilled dental assistants or hygienists will greet you and direct you to your designated treatment area.
- You will have a full mouth series of required x-rays, intraoral photos of your teeth, review of your medical/dental history and blood pressure reading.
- One of our awesome hygienists will perform a periodontal assessment. This exam is to measure your gum tissue and check for any signs of early or advanced periodontal disease. They will discuss any findings they have with you as well as discuss the type of cleaning they recommend for you. All of this information is recorded and shared with one of our dentists.
- One of our amazing dentists will come and introduce themselves and begin the comprehensive examination.
- She will complete a thorough oral exam, and review the x-rays, intraoral photos, and periodontal charting previously completed. She will discuss all findings with you and ensure that we have addressed and listened to all of your oral concerns. We will develop your comprehensive treatment plan designed specifically for your needs.
At the conclusion of this discussion, you will be guided to the front office team who will go over your treatment plan as well as answer any questions in regards to insurance and/or financial questions. They will also be ready to get you scheduled for your recommended cleaning and first treatment appointment.
Please be prepared to spend at least an hour and a half with us at your first appointment as we are making sure to gather all the needed information specific to your needs.
We look forward to providing you and your family with the best comprehensive dental care!